Friday, July 28, 2006

Anyone want a second opinion on a work problem?

My morning so far has been taken up with dealings with newspapers. I had to reply to an email enquiry from a columnist with the Toronto Metro and I just finished a telephone interview with a journalist from The Guardian. And only last month, I was asked by The Times newspaper to offer some advice to a reader with a bit of a job hunting quandary. The reader asked:

A friend told me about a great job she saw advertised. She was going to apply for it and joked that I should too. So I did. I got an interview but I don’t think that she did. Should I withdraw out of loyalty, since she saw the job first, or should I go for the job anyway?'


You can read my thoughts on the matter here.

Anyway, all of this got me thinking. So, does anyone have any career or management issues that they'd like some help with?

As a coach and consultant I work with a wide variety of people from individual job hunters, employees and managers to large organisations. Perhaps it's a case of office politics, a nightmare colleague or a bad boss. Maybe your career has hit a rut or you're on the hunt for a new job. Maybe you are thinking of embarking on a new venture or have already done so. Or you're a manager struggling with the team or how to grow the business.

Whatever your issue, leave me a comment and I'll give you my humble opinions.